At Hotel Azure we respect the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information. This policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable including your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by the Hotel Azure in the course of transacting business with an individual.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. By making a reservation or by using Hotel Azure services.
2. By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery, such as comment cards.
3. By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
4. By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using Hotel Azure services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors, residents of certain areas or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Hotel Azure may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Hotel Azure services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to affiliate businesses but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to Hotel Azure which will manage the distribution.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to [email protected], using the subject line "Unsubscribe", so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS OR SURVEYS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
HOTEL AZUREOFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS AND NEWSLETTERS.
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, and last name. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
BY VISITING ONE OF OUR WEBSITES
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may also opt-out of data collection through Adobe Analytics by visiting Adobe’s Privacy Center. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
2. To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for the type of room.
3. To develop, enhance, market, or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests' use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
4. To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotel and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
5. To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose a guest's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Hotel Azure, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest - for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
3. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Hotel Azure to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys, or research.
4. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Hotel Azure to evaluate a customer's creditworthiness or in order to collect a customer's account.
5.Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Hotel Azure it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest's personal information by Hotel Azure to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. Hotel Azure will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. Hotel Azure will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
3. Hotel Azure will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. Hotel Azure will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. Hotel Azure will honor your request to access your personal information in a timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at [email protected] using 'Unsubscribe' as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] or if you prefer by writing us at:
3300 Lake Tahoe Boulevard
South Lake Tahoe, CA
United States of America
Attention: Privacy Officer